Tuesday 18 January 2011

AT LAST!

Due to the vagaries of the publishing world, it just seems to have taken forever to reach this point, but I am delighted to report that all being well 'the book' will go to print on March 3rd. So I am now in a position to start popping little bits and pieces into the blog.
Some time ago, a friend of Greatwood arrived in the office, dropped an extremely welcome and generous cheque on the desk and announced he had a plan and 'would we like it?'. It turned out that he'd nursed a long time ambition to own a racehorse in training. We happened to have been invited to Alan King's Owners Day and asked if Chris could come along. Alan and he went to the sales in the evening at Cheltenham during the Open and with that he bought a now 5 yr old gelding called Ravastree and is running him as a Greatwood horse, in my old colours ( which are, of course, purple)
Alan has entered him into quite a hot race at Newbury tomorrow, look out for him in the 2.05... Michael and I are going, I'm hoping that Robbie will come along as well, and I'll let you know how he gets on!

No comments:

Post a Comment