Saturday 14 February 2009

Tony McCoy and Deano's Beeno

Having just written a few words about Deano's, we have just realised that Deano's has been under our care for five years. He is now seventeen. Tony McCoy, has received great acclaim over the last couple of weeks, not least because he has just achieved his 3000th winner.
It is therefore, a great testimony to Deano's that Tony wrote the following in a recent article in the Daily Mail:
'I've been lucky enough to ride some fantastic horses - Brave Inca, Master Minded and Best Mate to name a few. I've said I thought Gloria Victis was one of the best but, believe it or not, Deano's Beeno was one of my favourites. He was a hurdler many racing fans will probably remember, he ran 57 times in some of the top races and won 13. He was a real character and not often the most co-operative. I was suspended for giving him a crack with the whip before the start but I admired him.
He'd keep going and never give up. If I was a racehorse, I would be like him, a bit tricky but if you encourage me enough, I'd keep going!'
We would like to add that even in retirement, Deano's remains a real character and from time to time, is certainly not the most co-operative.
We are planning to parade Deano's at the annual Lambourn Open Day on April 10th, it is a wonderful day out for all the family and you will be able to witness Deano's in his full glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment